Becoming a Member
Becoming a Member of the Institute means becoming part of a team that works to create H.A.R.M.O.N.Y.—Helping Achieve Responsible Motivated Optimistic Neighborhood Youth through the arts. Members believe that the Institute’s approach to arts learning not only makes for more artistic and well-rounded children but also more confident, capable, and connected people.
Members work to promote and expand the work of the Institute through fundraising, volunteering and staying involved with the Institute over the course of the year.
Membership also comes with benefits including reduced tuition and tickets to Institute trips and events.
- $50 per family for a year membership. Valid October 2016 to May 2017.
- $30 per family for a one-semester membership.
- TUITION DISCOUNT: As much as 45% discount off of our regular tuition rates.
- SPECIAL EVENTS: Complimentary tickets to our Institute trips and other events. Upcoming trips and events may include concerts and performances at NJPAC, WBGO and the NJ Symphony Orchestra.
- WORKSHOPS: Special invitations to workshops for parents and students. Past workshops have included Raising a Financially Responsible Child and Tips for Parenting Challenging Children.
- PAYMENT PLANS: Full year members can choose to pay their tuition in six payments over the course of the year and Semester members are extended a three-part payment plan.
- FINANCIAL AID: Need based financial aid is available for group classes for children and teens. Private lessons are not eligible for financial aid.
Raise a total of $50 per student annually through participation in one or more of the Institute’s annual fundraisers:
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017- Hearts for the Arts Pancake Breakfast 9:00am - 12:00pm
Volunteer 1 hour per student, per semester
Activities can include:
- Set up/Clean up for special events – including fundraisers and performances.
- Spring Fling - 5K Walk and Festival - Saturday, June 3, 2017 - 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Clean Up Day - Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Assist with the promotion of Institute programs— flyer distribution, attend community events, etc.
- Making a presentation about the Institute to your children's PTA, your church, or other community organization you are involved with.